To live a healthy life, you need to do a few minutes of exercise on daily basis. You can do sit-ups, push-ups and other exercises to build your physical health. If you have a backyard trampoline or rebounder then we have some easy indoor or outdoor trampoline exercises for you. In this post, you’ll find simple trampoline exercises for beginners that you can do on your trampoline at home.
When you do trampoline exercises at home, it provides many health benefits. It boosts the metabolism, increases the blood circulation, strengthens your bones & muscles and improves your cardiovascular system to make your heart healthy. Jumping on a trampoline (rebounding) also helps you to lose weight, burn calories and get rid of fatigue.
Get Yourself Ready for Trampoline Exercises
Before you begin the trampoline workout at home, you need to get ready for it. First of all, you should check the trampoline condition to know if it is safe to use for exercise.
Thereafter, put the trampoline on a flat surface and make sure the area around the trampoline and area above the trampoline are clean. If there is any furniture or other stuff around/above the trampoline, you must change its location.
After the trampoline is put on its place, you need to stand up on it in an upright position with feet & hip-width apart. Keep a 6-inch distance between your feet. Then bend your knees a little to make sure they are in perfect alignment with your feet and hips. Finally, keep your core and pelvic floor tight to do all trampoline exercises in a perfect way.
#1. Basic Trampoline Bounce
At the beginning of trampoline exercise, you need to do a warm-up session. The basic trampoline bounce is the best way to get your body ready for further exercises. To do this trampoline exercise, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Bend your arms and keep your elbows on your sides.
- Bend your knees a little and gently bounce up & down.
- Do this slowly, your feet should come approx. 6 inches off the trampoline.
Jogging on a trampoline is a good exercise for your cardiovascular system. It is more effective than the jogging you do on road, park, beach or other hard surfaces. Jogging on a trampoline is helpful to improve your aerobic fitness and more efficient to burn the body fat. In order to do jogging on the spot on a trampoline, you should check the steps given below.
- First of all, make sure your back is straight and feet hip-width apart.
- To jog on the spot, lift your legs alternatively in front of you.
- Swing your left arm when your left leg rises and swing your right arm when your right leg rises.
#3. Jumping Jacks
Jumping Jacks is a wonderful exercise that you can do on a solid surface and also on a trampoline. When you perform Jumping Jacks on a trampoline, it less impact on your feet and joints compared to doing the same on a solid surface. It provides cardiovascular benefits such as regulating heart rate and maintaining blood pressure. In order to do Jumping Jacks on your trampoline, please follow the steps mentioned below.
- Begin Jumping Jacks trampoline exercise with simple steady bounce.
- After several straight bounces, alternate your legs as together and as apart with each jump.
- On the bounce when your legs are apart, swing your arms out and above your head. On the bounce when your legs are together, bring your arms back down to their previous position.
#4. Trampoline Prances
Trampoline Prances is an easy exercise that you can do at your home without anyone’s help. It is simple but you need to understand the steps to do it perfectly and save yourself from an unexpected accident. Kindly, follow the instructions given below to perform trampoline prances on your trampoline.
- Firstly, stand on the trampoline surface with your feet 6-inch apart.
- Put your hands on your hips and slightly bend your knees.
- Now, bounce on the heels of your feet.
- With each bounce, alternatively, raise your left and right knees to the hip level.
#5. High Knee Punches
High Knee Punches is a good trampoline exercise for beginners as well as boxing enthusiasts. You can perform this exercise with or without wearing boxing gloves. It will strengthen your leg muscles and regulate your heart rate. You can do high knee punches exercise on your trampoline by following the instructions given below.
- Begin the exercise by simply jogging on the spot of the trampoline.
- With each bounce, lift your knees alternatively to closer to your chest.
- Close your fists or wear boxing gloves if possible and lift your arms so that your hands are close to your chin.
- When you bounce by lifting your left knee, punch with your right arm. The same way, punch with your left arm when you bounce by lifting your right knee.
Trampoline exercises are useful to improve your physical health. Some exercises are more difficult than these mentioned but we have not included them because we wanted to stick to the basics. All five exercises mentioned above are easy to perform for everyone. You should add these simple trampoline exercises to your routine to live a happy and healthy life.