Hi. My name is Elize Swanepoel, and I’m a full-time working mom, freelance content writer, VA, proofreader & editor, and mommy blogger.
I’m also the Managing Director of Inspiring Mompreneurs.
Where It All Began
I’ve started my content writing journey with Lynne Huysamen from Kaboutjie blog in February 2018 after I came across an advertisement on their Facebook page. At that stage, I wasn’t even sure what content writing entails. All I had was a passion for writing and the will to succeed and do something other with my life than sitting behind a desk and working for a boss. Lynne took me under her wing and taught me everything about content writing, SEO, and a ton of other useful information I’ve utilized in my online career.
I have since written hundreds of SEO-optimized articles for a handful of clients about a range of topics for different niches, and this is where I met other mommy bloggers and website owners I’ve been working with on an ongoing basis. To be honest, this was the best way to learn. I first needed to write many articles to learn more about SEO and how it is used in blog post articles to boost a company’s ranking and traffic.
In August of 2021, I started my own parenting and health-related blog Liesiesekind.com, and continued expanding my online skills by learning how to do SEO formatting and publishing blog posts on my own website. This was the perfect blank canvas to use as a learning tool before I could take on clients to provide the same services.
How I Met Lauren
I was helping Lynne with one of her projects when she introduced me to Lauren. At first, I assisted Lauren with content writing for sponsored posts. After we’ve been working together for about two years, Lauren started another exciting project and needed a VA to help her with formatting and publishing guest posts and sponsored articles on her websites so that she could focus her exceptional skills on the new website.
Things have been going well, and I’ve never felt like she was just a client – whenever I needed help or had questions, she was more than willing to guide and teach me. After being her VA for about a year, we entered into a partnership and became the dream team that we are today.
My range of expertise includes:
- SEO-optimized content writing
- Virtual assistance with formatting and publishing blog posts
- Proofreading and editing
A few things that I’ve learned:
- You are never too old to change your career path or to learn new skills. Six years ago, I had no idea that I would become a content writer/blogger/VA and business partner.
- Hard work pays off – you’ll reap the rewards when you put in the effort.
- It pays to build a support network of fellow entrepreneurs that build each other up and assist one another when and wherever possible. Teamwork makes for dream work!
- Always stay true to who you are – it will translate to your audience and build trust.
- There’s no quick way to build a successful business – you often have to sacrifice a lot of your time with family or friends and work when everyone else is relaxing and enjoying their time off. Self-discipline is crucial because you’re going to need it during those times. So many times, I felt tired or not in the mood for working, but then I reminded myself what I was working towards.
- There will be times when you’re just too exhausted to push yourself and it’s okay. Self-care is important and you need to take a break every once in a while to recharge your batteries and avoid a complete burn-out.
I don’t believe in providing sub-standard assignments and always aim to deliver my best work. I have a knack for spelling and grammar, and when I finished High school, I was chosen as the best English student on standard grade level and received a book prize, despite my home language being Afrikaans.
Writing has always been my true passion, and working online has been an interesting and rewarding journey. Honesty really is the best policy – I believe in transparency and loyalty, especially among business professionals. Thanks for taking the time to read my biography.
Lauren and I look forward to be working with you!