And Thank you for visiting Inspiring Mompreneurs.
A little about me, Lauren Kinghorn aka
Visionary Digital Entrepreneur
I work from home in our little corner of paradise, beautiful Cape Town, South Africa.
I’m happily married and blessed to have a lovely bonus daughter who’s now 17 and a lively son, who is 7-years-old.
I’ve had a few great jobs in my life, but found I always gravitated towards having my own business because I have the heart of an entrepreneur.
My biggest struggle has been moving from solopreneur to entrepreneur – hiring a team. Sound familiar?
In my 20’s
I ran a successful massage therapy practice for about 10 years…until I burnt out because I was working such long hours.
- how to listen to my clients.
- how to make people feel really good about themselves.
- that you’ll never make millions being paid by the hour (and it’s exhausting to try)
In my 30’s
I was into network marketing and sales (mostly nutritional supplements) and I did a bit of freelance journalism.
- how to leverage my time and money.
- there’s no such thing as a get rich quick scheme – if it looks too good to be true, it generally is.
- how to find great leaders and bring out their awesomeness
Now I’m 40 something
And I’m thriving as a Mom and a Digital Entrepreneur. I’ve created 3 niche websites and I’m busy with a 4th one at the moment.
Related: Learn how I got started online here.
I’ve finally found a solution to my solopreneur struggle. Instead of hiring a team of full-time staff, I send out tasks to freelancers, amazing Moms I trust, who also work from home.
One constant in my life is that I’ve always surrounded myself with lots of girlfriends.
I’m an out-and-out extrovert, super friendly and when I meet you, I turn the conversation to deeper stuff as soon as I can.
I want to know how I can help you, what I can contribute that will make your life better or happier or fuller.
And I bring that energy to this website and to the interviews I do with Mompreneurs.
What I do really well
- Make you and your brand SHINE.
- I see the positives in people and help them see it too.
- I’m great at promoting people, especially those with amazing causes.
- If you have a great mission and vision, I want to broadcast it.
- If you have a message for the world, I want to spread the word.
- If you’re Mommying while building your own business, I want to share your trials, your triumphs and your success secrets. You can see the 40+ interviews I’ve conducted here.
- And if I can help you by sharing some of the golden nuggets I’ve picked up along the way, fab.
- Because I know what a mammoth task it is to balance being a Mom and an Entrepreneur.
So that’s what Inspiring Mompreneurs is all about
Shining the Spotlight on YOU – the brilliant, special, wonderful, marvellous, bright shining Stars you are and bringing out all your brilliance.
I. See. You.
I. Hear. You.
I. Feel. You.
I. Love. You.
I. Am. You.
Join the conversation in the comments below.
To YOUR Success,
Check out my interview with Melina Lewis on the I Work for Me Podcast
- Pop over to my interview on South African Mom Blogs