How to Balance Work and Home Life
Are you feeling a bit off-kilter? Been under so much pressure you’ve lost sight of your priorities? Is the holiday season feeling stressful instead of festive?
New Year is a couple of weeks away and it’s often a time when we stop to take a breath and consider what we are focusing on, what we are doing it all for and how we can regain some much-needed balance.
In this excellent contributed post you’ll find not only signs your balance is off but also great suggestions on how to balance your work and home life.
Signs Your Work/Family Balance Is Off
If your work/family balance is off, you’re going to suffer in most areas of your life.
The fact is, if your work balance is off, then you’re not going to experience the success and satisfaction you should from your job. If your family balance is off, your relationships and home life are going to suffer. Before you know it, you can feel totally overwhelmed with everything that seems to be going ‘wrong’ in your life.
Look out for these signs that your balance is off, and get an idea of what you can do about them:
You Feel Like You’re Losing Touch With Your Loved Ones
Do you feel like you’re losing touch with your loved ones? Perhaps you feel like you’re not talking as much as you used to, and that you’re out of touch with one another’s feelings and emotions.
It’s so important to continue nurturing your relationships even when you’re busy at work.
- This means making sure you plan to eat at least one meal together every week – ideally one each day.
- Spending quality time together is crucial, even if you need to work hard to carve it out. You’ll only regret it later on down the line when you don’t have much of a support network to turn to.
You Feel Physically Exhausted
Feeling physically exhausted is a huge sign that your balance is off.
- If you wake up in the morning and don’t want to get out of bed, or get up and still feel tired, then this is a sign you may be getting a low quality of sleep, which can be caused by stress.
- Aches and pains can also be caused by a mixture of rushing around at work and stress.
- Make sure you relax when possible and minimize the stress triggers in your life.
You Have Many Problems In The Workplace
If you’re experiencing lots of problems in the workplace, it could be a sign that you need to take some time off to rethink what you’re doing.
- Standing back and looking at your problems can make the solutions seem much clearer.
- You may find it helpful to speak to non-profit lawyers offering quality advice if your problems are serious.
Something has to change if you’re experiencing nothing but problems at work.
You Aren’t Taking Care of Your Health
Taking care of your health means
- eating well
- limiting things like caffeine/smoking, and
- ensuring you’re taking the time you need to relax.
If you know you’re not taking care of yourself, it’s time for a change. You can’t pour from an empty cup!
You’re Not Really ‘There’ At Home
Do you feel like you’re not really there at home? Perhaps you’re always thinking about work, or you’re just plain tired when your kids are trying to fill you in on their days at school.
This is a sign that something needs to change.
You Can’t Remember The Last Time You Had Fun
We all need to have fun with the ones we love, experiencing exciting new things, spending time on our hobbies, and just doing things that make us laugh.
If we’re not having fun, what’s the point in anything?
If your work/family balance is off, it’s time to do something about it!
Hear, hear… how have you been feeling lately? Tired, stressed, exhausted, out of touch? Or are you keeping the magic alive?